The most common problem with Pachislo Slot Machines is missing door keys. If your key is missing or the lock is not working properly, the first thing you will need to do is access the inside of your machine without the benefit of a door key.
Once you have access to the inside of your machine there are three ways to solve the door lock problem:
1. Find a matching door key for your machine. This can be difficult to do, especially if you have a machine that is not common.
2. Rig a door opening device. Possible but not easy.
3. Buy a matching door lock and key, and simply replace your current door lock.
The easiest thing to do is to replace the entire door lock and key with a new set. To do this you will need to remove your old lock from the machine, measure it and determine which “hook” you will need for your machine. There are several sizes of locks and many different types of hooks
Removing and Replacing Your Current Lock
1. Once you access your machine, look on the inside of your door. The most common type of lock is held only with two screws. Remove those two screws and slide the lock out of the door from the inside. You may also need to loosen the screw on the back of the lock to loosen the hook to give yourself some wiggle room to get the lock out.
There are also locks that are held on with a single screw and only one arm and locks that are soldered onto the two latch bars that run the length of the door. This guide does not cover those situations.
2. Once the lock is out, measure the length only. That is the only measurement you will need. Then look at the hook end of the lock. There are MANY different types of hooks. Try and match the hook you have with a lock of the same length. You can find locks online to match what you need.
3. When your lock arrives insert the hook end but do not tighten all the way. Slide the lock into place, put both screws back in and see how it fits. There are times when you need to turn the lock so what you had as the bottom screw would now be the top screw. When everything lines up and the key turns the hook which in turns lifts or lowers the latch bar and opens the door… you are DONE!